Skip navigation
614 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 2, 2008 8:29 AM by StuartBruff(Work) RSS
Andrewk Copper 16 posts since
Feb 25, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 2, 2008 6:59 AM

All symbolic worksheet (formula derivation)

I'm trying to use Mathcad to do an all-symbolic worksheet (formula derivation). I've used the symbolic pallette before for one-off symbolic calculations, but I'm having trouble obtaining a symbolic result that I can use in the next expression, then the that symbolic result in the next, etc. I looked in the Mathcad Example Files section and didn't see anything related to an all symbolic solutions. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but I'm missing something pretty basic. TIA BTW, I brute-forced this solution in Excel with the Solver add-in, but I want to "show my work" in Mathcad. The solution is: knowing sigma_eq and setting sigma_3=0, sigma_1 is maximum when sigma_2=(sigma_eq)*sqrt(1/3). At that point, sigma_1=(sigma_eq)*sqrt(4/3). (see attached Mathcad 13 file)
Attachments:
  • StuartBruff(Work) Bronze 74 posts since
    Apr 11, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2008 8:29 AM (in response to Andrewk)
    Re: All symbolic worksheet (formula derivation)

"Andrew Kelly" wrote:

I'm trying to use Mathcad to do an all-symbolic worksheet (formula derivation). I've used the symbolic pallette before for one-off symbolic calculations, but I'm having trouble obtaining a symbolic result that I can use in the next expression, then the that symbolic result in the next, etc. I looked in the Mathcad Example Files section and didn't see anything related to an all symbolic solutions. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but I'm missing something pretty basic.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)