Skip navigation
3341 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2012 7:27 AM by MichaelSchilling RSS
Copper 12 posts since
Feb 13, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 1, 2009 12:22 AM

Windchill search

Does anyone know how to send a search query from a HTML-form and retrieve the search result from windchill server. I want to create a simple search instead of using PDMLink UI.
  • PatrickHarriss Copper 11 posts since
    Sep 8, 2006
    RE: Windchill search
    Look in the customizers guide for information about using the QuerySpec and QueryResults objects. If you provide more information on the search criteria you are looking for I could help further.
    • ptc-2049169 Copper 4 posts since
      Feb 12, 2009
      Apr 10, 2009 3:44 AM (in response to PatrickHarriss)
      RE: Windchill search
      You can use webjects to query information from Windchill. You can launch query by URL at get result as XML. Apply for information to WCAdaptersGuide.pdf
      • Copper 11 posts since
        Aug 31, 2006
        May 26, 2009 12:35 PM (in response to ptc-2049169)
        Query data from Windchill
        Use the Report Manager to create the search and results page. Then save the search page offline and modify the resulting HTML.
              • TimGilbert Copper 2 posts since
                Oct 26, 2009
                Oct 30, 2009 11:47 AM (in response to NikeHydraulics-disabled)
                RE: Search,
                Magnus, Did you ever find your answer. I would like to do something similar and would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks, Tim
  • FeofilovIvan Bronze 55 posts since
    Sep 15, 2009
    Mar 18, 2012 11:47 PM (in response to NikeHydraulics-disabled)
    Re: Windchill search

You can use custom search application by Windchill, http://plmservice.ru/2011/03/windchill-live-search/

source code available.

• larsene Copper 3 posts since
    Jan 28, 2010

Thankyou for that Ivan, but, although your application is interesting, it is not what I am looking for.

I have an excel file used by other offices, in wich are some list of part numbers.

I would like to add a column in this file (updated by a vb macro) in wich one will be a hypertext link to open the drawing in internet explorer.

something like:

For i=0 to 1000
    cells(i,1).value = "http://myserver/myspecificURLorSpecificWebPage?'" & cells(i,2) & "*.drw'"

next i

My problem is that I am not able to write the specific Url with an article number as argument, or a custom web page, wich will send me back a search report.

• larsene Copper 3 posts since
    Jan 28, 2010

Isn-it possible to write a custop webpage in java, wich would accept argument, and wich will do the request to intralink database using apropriate java code?

• MichaelSchilling Copper 5 posts since
      Apr 6, 2011
      Apr 13, 2012 7:27 AM (in response to larsene)

Hi, i've just found your thread regarding the possibility to search/query in Windchill.

We've defined a really simple to use API with which you can send a URL request to Windchill and it 'answers' back with the appropriate results.

We've built some applications on top of this - you can check two of them here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAZ-kj8s4w

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7CS8Ytc17E

The underlying technology is also here the mentioned API. It works really fast and is extremely lightweight. I think you could absolutely use this also from Excel to talk to Windchill. You don't have to do any Java Programming and the impact on the Windchill server is minimal.

Let me know if that sounds interesting!

Just drop us a note at www.nexiles.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)