Skip navigation
879 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 6:55 AM by KennethJ.Farley RSS
KennethJ.Farley Bronze 71 posts since
Nov 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 21, 2013 8:27 AM

Generation of .tab files by post-processor

I've recently updated my installation to Creo 2.0. I notice now that when I post-process files to create NC code, a set of ".tab" files is created, whose function is unknown to me. These were not a byproduct when doing the same thing with Wildfire. Does anyone know of a parameter or setting I can use to stop these files from being generated? Alternatively, if you know of a way to "cleanup" the directory after post-processing to remove the intermediate files (.ncl.tl1, .lst, ,mbx) after execution, automatically, I'd be grateful.

• ptc-2993728 Copper 2 posts since
    Jun 28, 2012
    Mar 21, 2013 12:02 PM (in response to KennethJ.Farley)
    Re: Generation of .tab files by post-processor

Kenneth

What I use to clean up the directory is purge.bat file I have added some del commands to get rid of the files Creo creates from posting nc code here is what purge.png

my purge.bat file looks like be careful because this deletes all file with the extention that are listed this works great for me

• SteveLucas Silver 257 posts since
    Dec 30, 2009
    Mar 21, 2013 12:24 PM (in response to KennethJ.Farley)

Kenneth,

I have my config file set with pro_mf_cl_dir set to a directory on my hard drive so all the manufacturing files ncl,acl,lst,and such go to that directory instead of cluttering up the network drives with junk from creating manufactuing files. it works great the only thing that gets put in the working directories are the saves of the mfg assembly and tph files.

Makes deleting files easier.

Steve

Dec 30, 2009
        Mar 27, 2013 11:06 AM (in response to KennethJ.Farley)

Kenneth,

the only files I see that get left behind in the main directories that don't get moved to the local folder are the vericut files(cgtpro.tls,cgtpro.tp, cgtpro.vcproject,cgtpro_operations.vctmp and cgtpro.bat files). these are easy to delete with my spurge program that also has the delete function.

Steve

Dec 30, 2009
      Apr 15, 2013 4:45 AM (in response to KennethJ.Farley)

Ken,

Are the .tab files something that is generated by your post? I don't get any .tab files created by Creo or I don't see that extension listed in the help files. Just wondering where or what the source of the .tab is? Do you have the .tap file set to be renamed to Tab in your post?

Steve

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 3 points
  • Helpful Answers - 1 points