Skip navigation
4190 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 6:44 AM by GrahameWard RSS
GrahameWard Silver 289 posts since
Nov 27, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 7, 2011 7:22 AM

Line weights

I have some drawing formats with some lines in white; i.e., "Geometry". Some of the line widths are .040", some are .028". This gives me the appearance that we want on the screen (some of the lines stand out more than the others) ; however, when we plot drawings with these formats or output them to PDF the lines look identical regardless of the line width.

Is there a setting that takes into account different line widths assigned to different lines of the same color? My table.pnt file just seems to assign different line widths to different pen numbers and doesn't seem to take into account the width.

Please note I don't want to change the line colors, they must all be white.

• James62 Gold 529 posts since
      Jan 22, 2011
      Currently Being Moderated
      Feb 8, 2011 6:42 AM (in response to GrahameWard)
      Re: Line weights

Hello Grahame,

I have no idea how to make drawings with different thickness lines displayed in drawing mode in Pro/E. Sorry in advance. I can't test what I am gonna tell here. Btw I don't think it's a good aproach to apply thickness lines in Pro/E drawings, just like in dwg drawings.

You might wanna use different layers for printing output. Not sure how different layers will do with pen table file, since all geometry entities are no matter what written with pen 1. So this is maybe a blind suggestion too.

Ok now let's say you've geometry lines of different thicknesses. I think if you modify the pen 1 line in your pen table file like this:

pen 1 color 0 0 0; drawing_color

Then you might be able to get exact same thicknesses of lines in your PDF that you have in your Pro/E drawing.

I think this is what PTC support told you to try and I don't think theres another way around. But I do know very little about layers in Pro/E.

Source:                                                                                        

!SYSTEM COLORS   COLOR_NAME        DRAWING ENTITY                   
      !Geometry                  drawing_color            outline geometry,section text/arrows
      !Hidden Line                half_tone_color        hidden lines,datum axes/planes      
      !Sketch                        section_color           sketch lines                
      !Curve                                                          datum curves
      !Quilt                           quilt_color                quilt edges                
      !Manuf Volume           magenta_color         quilt outlines                   
      !Sheet Metal               attention_color          sheet metal                  
      !Datum                        datum_color             hidden lines,datum coords/axes/planes,datum tags
      !Letter                         letter_color                dim lines/leaders,gtol frames/leaders,
      !                                                                    hatching,threads,balloons & leaders,
      !                                                                    tables,surface finish,detail view boundaries,
      !                                                                    axes & centerlines
      !Highlight-Primary       highlite_color                                              
      !Highlight-Secondary  dimmed_color          tangent edges,section centerline,datum planes,coord x/y/z
      !Highlight-Edge           edge_highlite_color  text in tables,balloons,details,notes,gtol,surface finishes
      !
      !Note
      !LINE_STYLE_STANDARD affects text color as follows (it is set in the Drawing Options file)
      !             std_ansi - letter_color (detail view boundaries also altered)
      !             std_iso  - edge_highlite_color
      !             std_jis  - edge_highlite_color
      !             std_din  - edge_highlite_color

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)