Skip navigation
1040 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2008 6:40 AM by HarikrishnanR RSS
HendrikDenner Bronze 35 posts since
Oct 31, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2008 3:04 AM

bom baloon index

Hi There Is there anyone who can tell me how to get the number inside the bom baloon to a letter I used the repeat region > #relation method from Andrew Deighton, this method changed my index in the bom from numbers to letters e.g 1 beacame A and so on, nut my bom baloons still show 1,2,3,4,5 ect. how can I get them to show A,B,C,D,E ect.. Thanks in advance Andrew Deighton's method for chaning bom index to alpha: i1=itos(rpt_index) letters = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" i2=extract(letters,rpt_index,1) index=i2 I don't know why they declare i1 and don't use it.
  • GavinFink Copper 5 posts since
    Dec 4, 2007
    Feb 13, 2008 9:21 AM (in response to HendrikDenner)
    RE: bom baloon index
    Hendrik, Now that the BOM has the alpha characters you have to set that parameter as the one that bom balloons display. Table->BOM Balloons->Set Param Select the repeat region then Select the column with the alpha character index parameter. Hope this helps! Regards, Gavin
    • GavinFink Copper 5 posts since
      Dec 4, 2007
      Feb 13, 2008 9:25 AM (in response to GavinFink)
      What happens if you have more than 26 items in your BOM?
        • dgschaefer Gold 436 posts since
          May 4, 2006
          Feb 14, 2008 6:03 AM (in response to HendrikDenner)
          I have an old (release 2000i I think) zip file with repeat region relations, a BOM table and a custom symbol that used the letters. I think it's set up to generate up to 4 levels deep of letters (A, AA, AAA, AAAA) I can email it to anyone, send me an email at 'd.schaefer at design-central dot com'. One thing to be aware of using this method: Back when I was investigating this about 7 years ago, this wouldn't work if you used another table order but the default. Pro|E, at least at that time, stored two values for rpt.idx, the default value and the value assigned using fix index. When evaluating relations, Pro|E uses the default value. I logged a call on this 'bug' and was told it was supposed to be that way. Maybe it's not anymore, I don't know, I gave up on Alpha BOMs after learning that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)