I'd like to share newly created, updated or helpful WGM (Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire / Creo Parametric / Windchill Workgroup Manager) related Articles that I author or come across in my day to day activities. I'll be posting new lists of issues you may come across every month or so:
How-to's and Configuration
- Customer Presentation on Optimizing Client-Server Interaction
- CS56377 - How to automate Creo end user testing in Windchill PDMLink
- CS151515 - Internet Explorer versions 10/11 and Windows Operating Systems support with Windchill PDMLink 10.1 and 10.2
- CS55934 - Platform support information for Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric
- Performance Impact of Debug Client Logging, In vs. Out of Process Browser and HDD vs. SSD
- CS158788 - Opening NX assemblies in linked sessions with the Windchill Workgroup Manager takes longer than a standalone NX session
- CS159196 - Checkin fails in Windchill PDMLink 10.2 with error "A datastore uniqueness constraint violation has occurred on the following objects. Part Usage - wt.part.WTPartUsageLink:xxxxx"
- CS157545 - Display of My Workspaces table when accessed through Home is showing poor performance in Windchill 10.2
- CS153140 - Performance issue during Workspace refresh in Windchill Solutions 10.2 F000
- CS153139 - Performance issue during Remove from Workspace and Workspace Refresh in Windchill Solutions 10.2 F000
- CS162158 - When upgrading from one Creo Parametric Maintenance Release to another, Secondary Servers are not retained in Server Registry
- CS162484 - Windchill PDMlink: Java is loaded in Creo Parametric embedded browser even if "File Upload Mechanism" preference is set to "use basic browser functionality"
- CS163233 - UWGM log may grow enormous if ‘Communication’ is enabled in logging.
- CS152666 - Related drawing of CAD Document is added to the Workspace after a Workspace Update in Windchill PDMLink 10.0 M040
- CS164045 - Creo Parametric 2.0 M090 is unresponsive upon restart after an exit of a session linked to Windchill
- CS162983 - A premature exit and unresponsiveness can occur when switching windows in Creo Parametric 2.0 M090
- CS163988 - A premature exit occurs when retrieving an interchange assembly in Creo Parametric 2.0 M090
- CS157893 - If the user has “Read permission for Metadata but no permission for downloading content” for some components of assembly, then retrieving the assembly from workspace will cause Creo Parametric 2.0 M080 and M090 to stop responding
- CS163773 - After migrating ECAD Data from Windchill 9.1 to 10.x, some ECAD related WTParts are missing their structure for a latest iteration but previous iteration has all structure information
- CS156306 - Error "Unable to exit Creo Parametric. Database operations are still occurring in the background" when exiting Creo Parametric 2.0
- CS164591 - ECAD BOM viewed in Workgroup Manager 10.1 M040 is correct, but built structure in Windchill is not correct
- 10.2 M010 CPS03 WGM related articles:
- CS164610 - Information page Save-As History report Saved By column shows "???savedBy???" instead of showing user name
- CS159477 - Add To Workspace performance regression in Windchill 10.2 in comparison to Windchill 9.1 for some datasets
- CS164617 - Dependency tracing during Save As for some datasets takes longer in Windchill 10.2 vs. 9.1
- CS160233 - Performance issues during Workspace refresh in the embedded browser with Windchill 10.2 M010CSxxxx
- CS164622 - Add to Workspace hasAccess check in setPdmStatus should be avoided or optimized
- CS164937 - Optimizations are needed for JSDataRenderUtility.initDataHandlers to improve Save As Collector performance
- CS165480 - Add to Workspace performance should be improved by eliminating duplicate principal lookups by WTPrincipalReference.getUniqueDisplayIdentifer
- CS161330 - Creo Parametric 2.0 exits when activating a workspace in the embedded browser while connected to Windchill PDMLink 9.1
- CS165662 - Explanation of Config Option "dm_network_threads" and asssociated Windows Registry entries
- CS126473 - Collection fails to complete in the embedded Internet Explorer 9 browser when performing actions on large datasets...
We’ve recently seen that the Microsoft KB2888505 patches from Microsoft also fix issues with Windchill pages not rendering completely and where the page fails to render and shows the spinning progress icon...
Make sure you have the latest IE patches from Microsoft installed!
Here’s what IE looks like with KB2888505 installed:
Also note that Microsoft has pushed out several later IE security patches/updates that include the fixes for KB2888505 so any of these would be good to have installed: